Terms of Service
Last revised as of October 24, 2017
Amino Payments, Inc. (“Amino,” “Amino Payments,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) provides these Terms of Service (“Terms”) to let you know about the terms and conditions that apply to your use of our websites (such as www.aminopay.com and any other website which links to or displays these Terms) (collectively, the “Website”), client portal at www.aminopay.com (“Client Portal”), and Amino’s signing, reconciliation, and payment technology solutions (“Technology Solutions”) that we provide to our clients through various channels, including the Client Portal. The Website, Client Portal, and Technology Solutions are collectively the “Services.”
By accessing or using the Services, you intend and agree to be legally bound by these Terms. You may wish to print or save a local copy of the Terms for your records.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THESE TERMS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION IN SECTION 14 THAT AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES.
Using our Services
You must use the Services in accordance with all of the implementation guidelines and other policies made available to you within the Services.
Don’t misuse our Services. For example, don’t interfere with our Services, try to access them using a method other than the interfaces and the instructions that we provide, or extensively or automatically copy any content from the Services (in other words, no scraping). You may use our Services only for your personal use and as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies, if we are investigating suspected misconduct, or for any other reason.
Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the third-party content or data that you access through them (collectively, “Content”). You may not use Content, except as permitted in these Terms, by its owner, or as otherwise permitted by law. These Terms do not grant you the right to use any of our branding or logos that appear in our Services, including the Amino names and logos. Don’t remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
Our Services display some Content that is not our own. For example, data and information relating to the delivery of digital advertising (collectively, “Third-Party Content”). We are not responsible for, and you waive all of our liability with respect to, Third-Party Content, including its accuracy. Third-Party Content is the sole responsibility of the individual or entity that makes it available to you via the Services. We may review Third-Party Content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to provide Third-Party Content that we believe violates our policies or the law. But we do not generally review Third-Party Content before it gets made available through the Services, and we are not obligated to do so.
In connection with your use of the Services, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of our marketing e-mails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in marketing e-mails. Please be aware that there may be a brief period before we are able to process your opt-out.
Some of our Services may be available on mobile devices, which may cause you to incur data charges with your wireless provider. Please be aware that we have no control over these charges, and if you do not wish to be charged, you should stop using the Services from a mobile device.
Your Services Account
You will need an account in order to use the Services. If you create your own account, you agree that all registration information you give us will be accurate and current. If your account has been assigned to you by an administrator, such as your employer or educational institution, different or additional terms may apply and your administrator may be able to access or disable your account. You will timely notify us of any changes to any of the foregoing information. You are responsible for controlling access to any PCs, mobile devices, or other end points that you allow to store your Services password, or on which you enable a “Remember Me” or similar functionality (“Activated Device”). Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Services accounts, including the activities of any individual with whom you share your Services account or an Activated Device.
To protect your account, keep your password confidential. You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your account. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your password, please contact us at email@example.com.
The ability to use the Services to facilitate payment for digital advertising is coming soon.
Privacy and Feedback
If you submit feedback or suggestions about our Services, you agree that we may use your feedback or suggestions without obligation to you.
You are joining the Amino Network (a network of advertisers, publishers, and other intermediaries and vendors in the digital advertising ecosystem such as agencies, agency trading desks, DSPs, exchanges, SSPs, verification vendors and DMPs). Welcome!
As a member of the Amino Network (“Member”), the Services will collect data about digital advertising that you buy, sell or service, whether you are an advertiser, publisher, or other intermediary or vendor in the digital advertising ecosystem (“Your Inventory”). The data we collect about Your Inventory is “Your Data,” although may also include data regarding third parties that were involved in the delivery of Your Inventory (e.g., brands, agency trading desks, DSPs, exchanges, SSPs, publishers, verification vendors, and/or DMPs), whether such data is received directly by Amino or through a third party, which third-party data is subject to the limitations in the next paragraph. You represent and warrant that you have all rights and permissions necessary to allow us to collect Your Data for use in the Services and share it with Members in the media supply chain for a specific ad buy. You authorize all third parties in the media supply chain for a specific ad buy to provide Your Data to Amino.
Your Data (and other data that you access through the Services) may contain, or allow you to derive, information relating to a third party (e.g., the fees received by an SSP for a given advertising campaign) (“Third-Party Data”). If there is a written agreement between you and such third party, your use and disclosure of Third-Party Data is subject to such written agreement. If there is not a written agreement between you and such third party, you agree not to disclose such Third-Party Data to any third party outside the advertising transaction for the advertising impression to which the Third-Party Data relates, unless you independently acquire such Third-Party Data from a source other than Amino and receive the right to use such Third-Party Data from the applicable third party that owns such Third-Party Data.
When you use the Services, you give us (and those we work with) a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, store, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations, or other changes we make so that Your Data works better with our Services), and communicate, publish, perform, display, and distribute Your Data. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services.
The license set forth above also includes the right to aggregate and analyze Your Data to create data sets or analyses that contain or are based on Your Data (“Data Sets”). We may use and share the Data Sets for our business purposes. We own all right, title, and interest in and to the Data Sets.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION
As we ask others to respect our intellectual property rights, we respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require our users and customers to do so. If you are a copyright owner or its agent and believe that any content residing on or accessible through the Services infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent (the “Designated Agent”) with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C § 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- Identification of the work or material being infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location, with sufficient detail so that we are capable of finding it and verifying its existence.
- Contact information for the notifying party (the “Notifying Party”), including name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that the Notifying Party has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that the Notifying Party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
Please also note that the information provided in a notice of copyright infringement may be forwarded to the user who posted the allegedly infringing content. After removing material in response to a valid DMCA notice, we will notify the user responsible for the allegedly infringing material that we have removed or disabled access to the material. We will terminate, under appropriate circumstances, users who are repeat copyright infringers, and we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate any user for actual or apparent copyright infringement.
If you believe you are the wrongful subject of a DMCA notification, you may file a counter-notification with us by providing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address below:
- The specific URLs of material that we have removed or to which we have disabled access.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original DMCA notification or an agent of such person.
- The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
- Your signature.
Upon receipt of a valid counter-notification, we will forward it to Notifying Party who submitted the original DMCA notification. The original Notifying Party (or the copyright holder he or she represents) will then have ten (10) days to notify us that he or she has filed legal action relating to the allegedly infringing material. If we do not receive any such notification within ten (10) days, we may restore the material to the Services.
The contact information for our Designated Agent is:
Amino Payments, Inc.
Attention: Copyright Agent
1900 Market Street, 8th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
If you believe that any of your intellectual property rights other than copyrights have been infringed, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to suspend or terminate any user who infringes the intellectual property rights of Amino Payments, Inc. or others, and/or to remove, delete, edit or disable access to such person’s content. You agree that we have no liability for any action taken under this section.
About Software in our Services
You may be required to implement our tags, beacons, or pixels on Your Inventory or website, or use other Amino software to add your digital signature to Your Inventory in connection with using the Services, and the Services may enable you to access software running on our (or our vendors’) servers (collectively, “Software”). You agree that we retain the ownership of all rights, title, and interest in and to the Software.
Amino Payments, Inc. gives you a personal, non-transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, and non-exclusive license to use the Software to access the Services while these Terms are in effect. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by us, in the manner permitted by these Terms. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or Software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of the Services or Software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
There may be software programs contained within certain Software that have been licensed to us by third parties. The term “Software” as used herein shall refer to this third-party software except where the term “Software” is used in the context of our ownership. The same terms and conditions, including all limitations and restrictions, set forth in these Terms apply to each third-party software program contained in the Software. You acknowledge and agree that any third-party components are owned by their applicable licensors. We do not make any representations or warranties about the operation or availability of such third-party software. Neither we, nor our licensors, shall be liable for any unavailability or removal of such third-party software. We are not responsible for any communications to or from such licensors, or for the collection or use of information by such licensors. You consent to the communications enabled and/or performed by such third-party software, including automatic updating of the third-party software without further notice. You agree that such third-party software licensors are intended third-party beneficiaries under these Terms.
Some of the Software may contain open source software, as set forth here.
Open source software contained within the Software is subject to additional terms and conditions. To the extent there is any conflict between the terms of these Terms and the terms of an open source software license, the terms of the open source software license will apply solely as to that open source software.
Modifying and Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, change the fees for our Services, and/or suspend or stop a Service altogether, at any time, without any notice or liability.
You may terminate these Terms at any time by stopping to use the Services and closing all of your Services accounts. We may terminate these Terms at any time on notice to you.
Sections 9 – 15 will survive termination or expiration of these Terms indefinitely.
Our Warranties and Disclaimers
OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS, NEITHER AMINO NOR ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE ALSO DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR COMMITMENT RELATING TO NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED OPERATIONS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS-IS.”
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES.
Liability for our Services
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE RELEASED PARTIES AND THEIR LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES AND THEIR LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, AND DISTRIBUTORS, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES.
IN ALL CASES RELATING TO PROVIDING YOU THE SERVICES, THE RELEASED PARTIES AND THEIR LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE OR THAT IS DUE TO EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, SUCH AS WARS, CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES, STORMS, NATURAL DISASTERS, ACTS OF GOVERNMENT, SUPPLY INTERRUPTIONS, OR TELECOMMUNICATION OR INTERNET FAILURES.
Business/Employer Uses of our Services
If you are using our Services on behalf of a business or employer, you are accepting these Terms on their behalf, and that business or employer agrees to be bound by these Terms.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Amino, its affiliated companies, and its and their predecessors, successors, and assigns, and its and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and contractors from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees), resulting from or arising out of your actual or alleged breach of these Terms, any content or data that you provide through the Services, or your use or misuse of the Services. However, you will not be responsible for claims, damages, and costs which are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to have arisen solely from our violation of applicable law.
About these Terms
We may modify these Terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service for any reason, for example, to reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. You should look at the Terms regularly and the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of these Terms. We’ll use reasonable efforts to give you notice of these modifications, such as posting notice of modifications to these Terms on this web page, through the Services, or via email. By continuing to use the Services after we make these modifications, you agree that you will be subject to the modified Terms. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Service, you should discontinue your use of that Service.
If there is a conflict between these Terms and any additional terms for a Service, the additional terms will control for that conflict.
These Terms control the relationship between Amino and you. They do not create any third-party beneficiary rights (except as set forth in Section 7). If you do not comply with these Terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future). If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
The laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, excluding Pennsylvania’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services.
You may not assign or delegate your rights or obligations relating to these terms or your account for the Services without our prior written consent. We may assign these terms or assign or delegate any of our rights or obligations at any time.
For information about how to contact Amino, please visit our contact page.
- Binding Arbitration
You agree to the following:
- Purpose. Any and all Disputes (as defined below) involving you and Amino will be resolved through individual arbitration. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and there is less discovery and appellate review than in court. This Section 14 (the “Arbitration Provision”) shall be broadly interpreted. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, this Section 14 does not apply to an action by either party to enjoin the infringement or misuse of its intellectual property rights, including copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret rights.
- Definitions. The term “Dispute” means any claim or controversy related to the Services or the Software, including but not limited to any and all: (1) claims for relief and theories of liability, whether based in contract, tort, fraud, negligence, statute, regulation, ordinance, or otherwise; (2) claims that arose before these Terms or any prior agreement; (3) claims that arise after the expiration or termination of these Terms; and (4) claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class. As used in this Arbitration Provision, “Amino” means Amino Payments, Inc. and any of its predecessors, successors, assigns, parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, and “you” means you and any users or beneficiaries of your access to the Services or the Software.
- Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding/Selection of Arbitrator. The party initiating the arbitration proceeding may open a case with JAMS, formerly Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc., (“JAMS”) by visiting its website (www.jamsadr.com) or calling its toll-free number (1-800-352-5267). You may deliver any required or desired notice to Amino by mail to 1900 Market Street, 8th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
- Right to Sue in Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding anything in this Arbitration Provision to the contrary, either you or Amino may bring an individual action in a small claims court in the area where you access the Services if the claim is not aggregated with the claim of any other person and if the amount in controversy is properly within the jurisdiction of the small claims court.
- Arbitration Procedures. This Arbitration Provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Arbitrations shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the “JAMS Rules”) as modified by the version of this Arbitration Provision that is in effect when you notify Amino about your Dispute. You can obtain the JAMS Rules from the JAMS by visiting its website (www.jamsadr.com) or calling its toll-free number (1-800-352-5267). If there is a conflict between this Arbitration Provision and the rest of these Terms, this Arbitration Provision shall govern. If there is a conflict between this Arbitration Provision and the JAMS rules, this Arbitration Provision shall govern. If JAMS will not administer a proceeding under this Arbitration Provision as written, the parties shall agree on a substitute arbitration organization. If the parties cannot agree, the parties shall mutually petition a court of appropriate jurisdiction to appoint an arbitration organization that will administer a proceeding under this Arbitration Provision as written applying the JAMS Rules. A single arbitrator will resolve the Dispute. Unless you and Amino agree otherwise, any arbitration hearing will take place in Philadelphia, PA. The arbitrator will honor claims of privilege recognized by law and will take reasonable steps to protect customer account information and other confidential or proprietary information. The arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision that explains the arbitrator’s essential findings and conclusions. The arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties only if necessary for purposes of enforcing the arbitrator’s award. An arbitrator’s award that has been fully satisfied shall not be entered in any court.
- Waiver of Class Actions and Collective Relief. THERE SHALL BE NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON A CLASS ACTION, JOINT OR CONSOLIDATED BASIS OR ON BASES INVOLVING CLAIMS BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC (SUCH AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL), OTHER SUBSCRIBERS, OR OTHER PERSONS. THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT INDIVIDUAL PARTY’S CLAIM. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING.
- Arbitration Fees and Costs. If your claim seeks more than $75,000 in the aggregate, the payment of the JAMS’s fees and costs will be governed by the JAMS Rules. If your claims seek less than $75,000 in the aggregate, the payment of the JAMS’s fees and costs will be Amino responsibility. However, if the arbitrator finds that your Dispute was frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), the payment of the JAMS’s fees and costs shall be governed by the JAMS Rules and you shall reimburse Amino for all fees and costs that were your obligation to pay under the JAMS Rules. You may hire an attorney to represent you in arbitration. You are responsible for your attorneys’ fees and additional costs and may only recover your attorneys’ fees and costs in the arbitration to the extent that you could in court if the arbitration is decided in your favor. Notwithstanding anything in this Arbitration Provision to the contrary, Amino will pay all fees and costs that it is required by law to pay.
- Severability and Waiver of Jury Trial. If any part of subsection (f) of this Arbitration Provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, the entire Arbitration provision will be unenforceable and the Dispute will be decided by a court. WHETHER IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION, YOU AND AMINO AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. If any other clause in this Arbitration Provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Arbitration Provision and the remainder of this Arbitration Provision will be given full force and effect.
- Continuation. This Arbitration Provision will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms.
- Confidential Information
You will use Amino Confidential Information only in connection with your use of the Services as permitted by these Terms. You will not disclose Amino Confidential Information to any third party. You will take all reasonable measures to avoid unauthorized disclosure and use of Amino Confidential Information, including, at a minimum, those measures you take to protect your own confidential information of a similar nature. You will not issue any press release or make any other public statement regarding these Terms or your use of the Services, without Amino’s prior written consent in each instance. “Amino Confidential Information” means all nonpublic information disclosed by us, our affiliates, business partners, or our or their respective employees, contractors, or agents, that is designated as confidential or that, given the nature of the information or circumstances surrounding its disclosure, a reasonable person would believe to be confidential. Amino Confidential Information does not include any information that: (a) is or becomes publicly available without breach of these Terms; (b) can be shown by documentation to have been known to you at the time of your receipt from us; (c) is received by you from a third party who did not acquire or disclose the same by a wrongful or tortious act; or (d) can be shown by documentation to have been independently developed by you without reference to the Amino Confidential Information.